Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thinking about a new car?

Someone sent this to me and I thought it was interesting

Can you imagine having the same car for 82 years?
["Mr. Allen Swift of Springfield Massachusetts received this 1928 Rolls-Royce Picadilly P1 Roadster from his father, brand new, as a graduation gift in 1928.

He drove it up until his death last year, at age 102!  He was the oldest living owner of a car from new.  He donated it to a Springfield museum after his death.  It had a 170,000 miles on it but still runs like a finely tuned Swiss watch. It is dead silent at any speed and is in perfect cosmetic shape.
That works out to about 2000 miles per year."]

Hope you all like this. I was impressed and amazed when I received this in an email.

4 comments:

  1. I admire the care he took of the car, Thomas Jefferson said, "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." I love cars but I guess they are more style to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a style choice. New is nice but nothing beats Classic cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how much money do you think that cost back then?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh... rumored to have cost around 10 grand in 1928. Might get somewhere in the area of 200 thousand dollars today

    ReplyDelete