Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Movie: Killers


Killers
The movie, Killers, just came out on DVD recently.  I had not seen it in theaters but still thought it looked good/funny.  I ended up renting it the other day because I had a coupon for red box that was about to run out.  I didn’t end up seeing for until 3 days later, so, on a free movie coupon it ended up costing me two bucks.
I thought the movie was quite awesome.  I do not dislike Ashton Kutcher as an actor but on the other hand I don’t go out of my way to go see every movie he makes the night it comes out. That being said, he did a very good job of playing a former assassin/contractor turned contractor/builder.  Catherine Heigl played her usual over worked female lead. No big surprise performance.  No real let down.  However, Tom Selleck, with fantastic mustache in tow, playing Heigl’s father was fantastic. 
The movie ended with a surprise twist and was well done.  I would give it an 8 out of 10.  Kutcher and Heigl have good chemistry as love interests/lovers/married couple.  And of course when trouble hits they bicker lovingly and sell it.  Catheryn O’Hara did fine with her alcohol mother impression.  Tom Selleck again shined as Heigl’s Father Mr. Kornfeldt.  The chemistry between Selleck and Kutcher was very believable as Father-in-law to son-in-law awkwardness/hostility.  The two meshed well to make the movie believable.      

No comments:

Post a Comment